We human beings are here to enjoy life and make the most of it; yet, sadly, many live the opposite way: Forever worrying about the next thing, a continuous train of thoughts, instantly thinking of worst-case scenarios, and generally struggling to think positively. If you fall into this bracket, then fear not – daily affirmations may be your saving grace and a neat habit that flicks the switch in your mindset to improve your life.
In this article, I will give you some daily affirmations that may come into use in many situations, but the key thing about daily affirmations is making them a habit to see results.
What Are Daily Affirmations?
Affirmations are phrases or statements that we use to improve our lives by causing a shift in mindset. There are countless affirmations covering various topics, i.e., self-love affirmations, health affirmations, etc.
Ultimately, the role of affirmations is to change our thinking in an area we feel we need to work on, which perhaps is to feel less anxious, increase confidence, or improve our self-love, for example.
The interesting thing about the mind is that what we think about grows, and we start to believe it, regardless if it is a positive or negative thought.
So, if we think the same thoughts often enough, our brain will automatically assume that way. For example, if your go-to is to think of worst-case scenarios, your brain will automatically jump to that because you have felt this way for so long.
However, the great thing about affirmations is that if we repeat them often enough, our brain may automatically jump to these thoughts in place of others.
How Do I Do Daily Affirmations?
There’s nothing complicated about daily affirmations.
You repeat a phrase that represents how you want to think or feel, and that’s it.
And you don’t necessarily have to say the phrase or statement out loud; you can repeat it in your head if you prefer.
To help you with your affirmation practice, try following these tips:
1. Choose Affirmations That Matter
With affirmations, it’s essential to choose ones that matter to you. You have to feel it – you have to believe it – otherwise, if it’s an affirmation that doesn’t mean much to you, it won’t be easy to create a shift in mindset.
2. Speak Your Affirmations Into Existence
It doesn’t matter how you say your affirmations. You can say it in your head or out loud, but I find it helps to say affirmations out loud as there’s more weight to them. You feel and hear the words differently.
3. Present Tense Is Key
Whenever you say an affirmation, make sure you use present tense as though you already are where you need to be. For example, rather than saying, “I will no longer be anxious.”, say, “I am safe.”
Note the difference? You are already telling your brain that your beliefs are shifting.
4. Make Positivity the Focus
Always use positive phrases in your affirmations instead of negative. Again, it is about re-training the brain’s beliefs. For example, rather than saying “I will no longer be taken advantage of,” say “I am worthy and respect myself in all situations.”.
Examples of Daily Affirmations
Whatever thoughts you are struggling with right now will depend on which affirmations you use. For example, if at this time I feel I am stressed about my job or career, I’d be inclined to look at daily affirmations for success.
I recommend you go along with whatever resonates with you. If you’d prefer your daily affirmation to be “I am intelligent and skilled,” there’s nothing wrong with this. Another person may choose “I achieve whatever I choose to do.”
Get a feel for whichever daily affirmation speaks to you.
Daily Affirmations for Anxiety
- I choose to feel calm.
- I am safe.
- I can control how I react to others.
- Everything is unfolding as it should.
- I do the best that I can.
- I am capable of solving any problems that face me.
- I am brave.
- I am becoming calmer with every deep breath that I take.
- I accept myself just the way I am.
- I have the power to let things go.
- I am calm and content.
- I will not stress over things I cannot control.
- I have the power to let things go.
- I am attracting positive energy into my body.
- Anxiety isn’t dangerous or permanent. I will get through this.
Positive Daily Affirmations
- My life is full of potential.
- I am worthy of what I desire.
- I grow and improve every day.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I have the power to change.
- All is well in my world.
- I forgive myself and set myself free.
- My thoughts are focused on positivity and thankfulness.
- I am dependable.
- I give myself permission to take time for myself.
Self-love Daily Affirmations
- I am allowed to take care of myself.
- My needs and wants are important.
- I am enough.
- I have endless strength.
- I am capable.
- I am stronger than I think I am.
- I am worthy of good things.
- I am at peace with who I am.
- I approve of myself.
- I have value.
- My muscles are relaxed.
- I am courageous.
- I’m worthy of respect and kindness.
- My peace is my power.
- I am proud of myself.
Daily Affirmations for Success
- I deserve success.
- I believe in myself.
- I believe that I can do anything.
- I am a powerful creator. I create the life I want and enjoy it.
- I easily accomplish all of my goals.
- I am worthy enough to follow my dreams and manifest my desires.
- Prosperity flows to and through me.
- I can achieve greatness.
- I’m in charge of my life.
- I am free to create the life I desire.
More Powerful Daily Affirmations
- Today is going to be a great day.
- I am proud of myself.
- Every day my confidence is growing.
- I am not perfect, and that’s okay.
- I welcome what is; I welcome what comes.
- I am ready.
- I am worthy of respect.
- I surround myself with positive people.
- I am open to possibilities.
- I am always headed in the right direction.
Powerful Morning Affirmations Video
About the author
I'm Chris. I have a vast interest in all things relating to health, wellness, exercise, and nutrition. I also love to improve my mindset and learn how to increase my productivity. If you'd like to say hello or ask me a question, please visit my contact page, and I'd be glad to hear from you. Alternatively, you can find me on Twitter (@liveliftlife).